More and more Facebook advertisers are discovering alternative and somewhat complex ad models such as retargeting via Facebook Exchange and Website Custom Audiences. Just how effective are these marketing methods and are they worth the time and money?
A new study by a Facebook Exchange partner, AdRoll shows that yes, these techniques most definitely should be integrated into your marketing plan. The survey concluded that the combined use of both FBX and Website Custom Audiences the CPM of News Feed ad impressions on mobile devices was 57% lower than desktops, thus generating a 10 percent higher click-through rate. The study which looked at over 800 million impressions form 215 AdRoll clients who were running retargeting campaigns on mobile and desktop, suggest that this methodology led to a 61 percent lower cost-per-click for New Feed ads on mobile when compared to desktops.
Here are some of the Key Findings:
- Desktop and mobile ad newsfeed impressions generate a 10% higher CTR.
- News Feed impressions on desktop, and mobile ads generate a 10% higher CTR. This results in a 61% lower CPC for ads in the News Feed on mobile compared to the News Feed on desktop.
- Mobile adds ads an average of 3.8% conversions when applied to an existing retargeting mix of web and newsfeed on desktops.
- In their three-month study, mobile grew from 0% of impressions on the News Feed to 6.51%.
- The industries with the quickest adoption of mobile advert sizes are the apparel, beauty, and technology industries
The survey reports that using Facebook advertising in combination with general web advertising led to a conversion lift of 73 percent.
Click here to read the full report.